Mountain Bike Trail Tours (2017)
Reid Ranch is excited to announce our new activity,Mountain Bike Trail Tours!
Guests do not need to be experienced cyclists to enjoy our tours. Each tour is carefully designed to recognize, welcome, and encourage the varying skills and interests of each rider. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails are available.
This activity will be alongside horseback riding and our lakefront activities on the rotation schedule which is sent out 30 days prior to each group’s arrival and after last payment is received. The schedule will allow up to 16 riders per tour. Our skilled tour guides will lead guests on an adventure to experience.
We hope your group will take advantage of this fun activity while enjoying the great outdoors during your stay at Reid Ranch.
A Tent City in our Camping Area (2016)Camping Upgrade to Tent City
- See Camping Prices
- Reid Ranch provides 8-person tents resembling little log cabins.
- Tents setup on wooden platforms for a more even sleeping surface.
- Platforms and tents setup by Reid Ranch staff.
- Guests bring own sleeping supplies.
- Best option for a hassle-free vacation.*
- More Infomation
* Guests may have additional instructions for care of tents during orientation.
Reid Ranch Evening Horseback Adventure (2015)
Activity Level: Moderate
Duration: 75 minutes – 7:15-8:30p.m.
Ages: 12 and up – All participants must be at least 58" tall and weigh 250 lbs or less.
On this tour you will:
- Meet your wranglers and travel through the scenic parts of Reid Ranch and other areas.
- Arrive at the Blackshadow Corral for a 15 minute safety presentation and the introduction to your individual horse. You will be fitted with riding helmets and vests. You will then mount your horse and begin your trek.
- Ride for approximately 60 minutes. Half way through, your guide will take pictures of you and your horse with the Ranch or scenic vista in the background. Plus, a water bottle will be provided.
- Look for wild flowers, ground squirrels, hawks or eagles, deer and other wildlife along the trail.
- Your guide will tell about the history of the surrounding area. Like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and other historical facts.
Important Additional Information:
- Guests must be at least 4' 10" tall and weigh a maximum of 250 pounds.
- This tour is not recommended for expectant mothers.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to guests arriving in wheelchair or electric scooter.
- Guests should dress in layers for evening temperature.
- Bottled water will be provided.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service for excursion guides. It is always up to you to determine the amount.